Welcome to Frosted Formations!

As I've become more serious about cake decorating, I've decided to start a blog to display all my creations. I've loved making these cakes and loved the memories of the people I've shared them with!


I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Engineer or Baker?

This cake is pretty fun. If you watch the video below, I explain why I did this cake. Basically it was for Courtney Babcock's birthday and I made it in honor of the fact that she works with dead bodies in the Coroner's office. I figured this was a little more tasteful than a real corpse cake . . . I made my own fondant for this cake, but sadly, I may have made it a little too dry and the weather was really hot so it made the fondant crack a lot.

The upside is that this cake really works. As in, I took apart the real game and pulled out the battery pack, speaker and light bulb and hooked it up to wire I strung through Cornelius' body. (Yes, my roommate Dianna and I dubbed him Cornelius the Corpse.) So all this begs the question: am I a better baker or a better engineer?

t

2 comments:

Nate Nead said...
June 5, 2009 at 7:23 AM

you should do this as a career! They are amazing! I didn't know you had such talent.

Benjamin said...
June 5, 2009 at 11:35 PM

esther, can i be you when i grow up??

Post a Comment

Page Views