Welcome to Frosted Formations!

As I've become more serious about cake decorating, I've decided to start a blog to display all my creations. I've loved making these cakes and loved the memories of the people I've shared them with!


I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Gum Paste Flowers

Okay, these have to be some of my favorite cakes. I love cakes with gum paste flowers. Gum paste can be pretty tricky, but is seriously worth it when it works out! I got a Wilton gum paste kit from the craft store and have really enjoyed learning how to make the different types of flowers. My biggest tip is that the right tools make all the difference. Having very good floral arrangement tools will help immensely.

This cake was for my friend Amy's birthday. I also made the inside of this cake with ice cream layers. Because the flowers last a long time, I was able to reuse some of them between these cakes.


This cake was for my "Aunt" Katherine last year. It was her very own garden cake.


This cake was for my littlest sister Emma. A cute cake for a cute girl!


This was another cake for my friend Jeff. These were the very first gum paste flowers I did. . . I definitely improved on the second time around even though these aren't bad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Page Views